(الَّذِينَ ءَاتَيْنَاهُمُ الكِتَابَ يَتْلُونَهُ حَقَّ تِلاوَتِه أُوْلئكَ يُؤْمِنُونَ بِهِ)
Those to whom We have given the Book recite it with its true recital. They believe in it.
What is meaning of Tajweed ?
In the Arabic language: improvement or Make something beautiful.
(When we read Quran with Tajweed our recitation will be beauty ).
Definition of Tajweed as certain science :Articulate every Arabic alphabets from it’s articulated point(Makhraj), while giving it its right and due (حقة ومستحقة) .
What is meaning of it’s right (حقة) and due (مستحقة):
- It’s right (حقة) means : It is the necessary characteristic ( adjective) that distinguishes the letter from other letters and does not separate from it, such as ( Aljahr- Alshadda – Tafkheh ) .
- It’s due (مستحقة) means :It is the characteristic ( adjective) that accompanies the letter at times and separates from it at other times, meaning that it is the fruit of these rights (حقة), such as (Lenthning – Adgham – Aqlab ).
What is benefit to Learning Tajweed rules ?
Preserving the tongue from error and melody in the words of God Almighty.
Who is putted Tajweed science ?
1-From a practical point of view(As applying): The Messenger( PBUH), he received it from Gabrie ( PBUH) and as Gabriel received it from the Allah ( Glory be to Him).
And We get it from Prophet Muhammed( PBUH) by chains of Islamic scientists .
2-From the theoretical point of view(As Rules): The imams and scholars of the Qur’an were said to be:
- (Al-Khalil Ibn Ahmad Al-Farahidi) ,
- It was said (Abu Al-Qasim Obaid bin Salam) ,
- And it was said (Abu Al-Aswad Al-Du’ali) ,
- And it was said others.
Why did they set the rules of Tajweed ?
“ In the past The Arabs read according to their language, but when Islam spread in the foreign countries, the Arabs mixed with the non-Arabs; So the melody spread in the tongue of the Arabs;
- At that time, the people of knowledge decided to set rules for Tajwed in order to preserve the recitation of the Book of God from distortion „
Judgment on learning Tajweed ?
- From a practical point of view:
-It is an obligation upon sufficiency (Some of Muslims not All Muslims), and if it is done by enough of the Muslims, The sin is dropped for the rest.
- From the theoretical point of view:
-It is an obligation upon every Muslim men and women (All of Muslims) to learn and strive for the correct application (Tajweed Rules).
Allah (Subhanah Watalla ) said ” و رتل القرآن ترتيلا ”
Etiquette of reciting the Qur’an:
- The reader must be faithful and observe literature with the Quran.
- Turn your body toward (Kabla), If it is possible, if it is not possible, that is fine.
- Purification of the body and clothing of impurities, so it is desirable for him to purify himself and perform ablution before reading.
- Use Sewak before Reading Quran as well as before Salah.
- To seek refuge with Allah from the accursed Satan when wanting to read . Say (أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم ).
- To read with a present heart that reflects on what he reads and understands its meanings, and his heart is humble at that, and he remembers that Allah is addressing him in this Quran because the Quran is the word of Allah Almighty.