Tajweed Course for beginner Part-2
Mistakes in Tajweed Rules:
The scholars have divided the types of mistakes one might fall into when reciting the Quran into two types:
1.Clear mistakes. اللحن الجلى
2.Unobvious (hidden) mistakes. اللحن الخفى
The Clear mistakes must be avoided by all and to avoid them one must know the rules of Tajweed. If a person falls into the Clear Mistakes, this is considered a sin and Ibn Taymiyyah even regarded it undesirable for a Student of Knowledge to pray behind a person who makes Clear Mistakes in their Salaah.
-These mistakes are Haram.
Unobvious (Hidden) mistakes, then the ruling on them is lighter and the recitation of a person falling into this type of mistake is regarded as lacking in completeness and prayer behind such a person is sound.
A mistake that although does not change the meaning of Quranic words but the beauty of the words diminishes
Helpful Tips towards learning Tajweed
- You must find a Qur’an teacher who has studied Tajweed to listen to your recitation and correct you. Tajweed cannot merely be learnt from books, because the movements of your mouth as well as the sounds are important and only a teacher can correct you and make sure you are applying the rules correctly. Qur’an recitation is a science which was passed down generation by generation through teachers not just books, with a direct line to the Prophet pbuh.
- Follow this book containing the rules of Tajweed and learn each rule little by little, applying it as you go along with the help of your teacher. Following the charts will make it even better to understand and remember the rules InshaaAllah.
- Listen to Qur’an tapes of reciters who recite very clearly at a medium or slow speed and notice them applying the different rules of Tajweed. Repeat after them while trying to apply the rules you’ve learnt. Try to copy their
tone and melody as well and see how it changes as the meaning of what they’re reciting changes.
- Apply the rules you learn to the Surahs you have already memorized and don’t save any effort about reciting correctly. You might have to revise the surahs by looking back at them.
- Practice and repetition will make perfect InshaaAllah: As Ibn al-Jazaree says in his poem about acquiring Tajweed: ‘And there is no obstacle between it (learning Tajweed) and leaving it, Except that a person must exercise his mouth with it.