- New words
Arabic Pronunciation Meaning
مرحبا Mar7aba Hello
اسمي Ismy__ My name is
ما اسمك؟ Ma Ismak/ek? What’s your name?
انا بخير I’m good Ana bekheir
تشرفنا Nice to meet you. Tsharafna
نعم Yes Na3am
لا No La
شكرا Thank you Shokran
كيف حالك؟ How are you? Keyf 7allak/ik? (m/f)
عفوا You’re welcome 3afwan
- The Arabic alphabet consists of 28 letters representing consonants.
- In addition there are three vowel signs which are used in writing both short and long vowels.
- Moreover, there are various other orthographic signs that are explained in the following chapters.
- The 28 letters are written from right to left.
- Most of the letters are written in slightly different forms depending on their location in the word: initially, medially,
- finally or standing alone. There are no capital letters.
Arabic Alphabets and transliteration
1. Alif a as in Dad أ
2. Baa’ b as in bake ب
3. Taa’ t as in take ت
4. Thiaa th as in thin ث
5. Jiim j as in joke ج
6. H’aa’ deeper in the throat ح
7. X’aa as in Loch خ
8. Daal d as in day د
9. Thaal th as in There ذ
10.Raa’ r as in Room ر
11.Zaay z as in zeal ز
12.Siin s as in sake س
13.Shiin sh as in shake ش
14.Saad s as in Some ص
15.Daad no English equivalent ض
16.Taa’ no English equivalent ط
17.Th: aa’ no English equivalent ظ
18.‘Ayn no English equivalent ع
19.Ghayn no English equivalent غ
20.Fa’a as in floor ف
21.Qaaf g as in Going ق
22.Kaaf k as in kind ك
23.Laam l as in Long ل
24.Miim m as in make م
25.Noun n as in none ن
26.Haa’ h as in Honey هـ
27.Waaw w as in way و
28.Yaa ’ y as in yell ي
A-Can you say in Arabic ?
Hello , My Name is …….
I am good
How are you
B-Can you pronounce these Alphabets ?
ع- ث- -ا – س – ى – ر- ج- ظ- ش – غ- خ
ِYou will find answer in next Lesson