Surat Al-Fatihah is the greatest Surah in the Great Quran, and the virtues of Surat Al-Fatihah and its secrets are endless. Its reading is one of the pillars of prayer
Unlike other Surahs, prayer without them is not valid, because the Prophet, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: “There is no prayer for those who did not recite with the opening of the book.”
In the following lines, we review the merits of this noble Surah and its secrets.
Do You Know ?
Al-Fatihah is the first Surah to be arranged in the Noble Quran And its location in the first part, of the first party, in the first quarter It was revealed after Surat Al-Muddathir, the number of its verses is seven with bismillah, and begins with praise and praise.
It is a Meccan, and the first chapter of the Quran is an arrangement, not a download.
Surah fatiha benefits:
Surat al-Fatihah, due to its small size and few verses, has included in general terms the purposes of religion
Of uniting, worshiping, judgments, promises and promises.
And in Surat Al-Fatihah, he mentioned the qualities of majesty, perfection, and beauty that characterize our Lord Almighty.
- The best and greatest Surah mentioned in the Noble Qur’an, and this is validated by the statement of the Messenger of Allah- may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him -: “I will not teach you a surah that is the greatest surah in the Quran,” he said: “Praise be to Allah , Lord of the two worlds. The best ones are contained in the heavenly books.
- Surat Al-Fatihah has an important advantage; As it includes the meanings of the Quran in general with regard to Tawheed, rulings, and the provisions of the penalty, and therefore it is called the mother of the Quran and the mother of the book as it was reported from the Prophet – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – and usually it is said that a mother has a reference that he refers to, and a sign that is intended and directed to it, Therefore, Allah required reading it in prayer.
- Allah required every Muslim to read Surat Al-Fatihah in every rak’ah he performed, and it was made a pillar of prayer that prayer is accepted only by it, the servant repeats it at least seventeen times every day, in accordance with the statement of the Messenger of Allah – may Allah ’s prayers and peace be upon him -: (No prayer for whom Not read by opening the book).
- Surat al-Fatihah is a ruqyah for the sick person, and it contains a cure for people, and the proof of that is the approval of the Prophet – may Allah bless him and grant him peace – for a group of companions of gracious companions of Al-Fatihah, but the ruqyah in it is only useful if a number of conditions are fulfilled that must be taken into account.
- Al-Fatihah includes the best supplication; By seeking guidance to the straight path, and it also includes the etiquette of supplication; Praise first, then praise, then glorification, singling out servitude to Allah , and using only him, the Messenger – may Allah bless him and grant him peace – said: (If one of you prays, let him begin praising Allah and praise him, then pray to the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.
The names of Surat Al-Fatihah:
The names of this surah abound for their greatness and honor. The scholars mentioned many names of Surat al-Fatiha, which indicate their meanings and benefits, and their number exceeded twenty names, and among these names:
1-The opining of the book (فاتحة الكتاب ): It was said that the reason for calling it by this name was the opening of the Quran with it, as well as the opening of the reading in prayer in it.
2-The Great Qur’an (القرآن العظيم) : The reason for calling it the Great Quran is because it contains the meanings found in the Noble Quran.
3-Al-Hamad (سورة الحمد) : And that is to open it with the praise of Allah Almighty.
4-Al-Wafia (الوافية) : This fulfills all the meanings of the Noble Qur’an.
5-Al-kafya (الكافية) : Because reading it during prayer is sufficient for reading other chapters on the wall, while 8-others are not sufficient and indispensable.
6-The basis (الأساس) : Because it is the first surah in the Noble Qur’an, and it is its origin.
7-Al-Ruqyah (الرُقية ) : Because it is read in the Islamic paper.
8-The cystic seven (السبع المثاني) : relative to the number of its seven verses, and each verse reads the entire reading of the Holy Quran, so reading it counts the reading of the Holy Quran seven times. Books, as it did not come down in the Torah, nor in the Bible, or in the Zabur, and there are many sayings in its name.
9-The mother of the book and the mother of the Quran ( أمُّ الكتاب وأمّ القرآن ) : Because it is the origin of the Noble Qur’an, it includes rulings, sciences, and the purposes of the Noble Qur’an, and because it is wise, and for its advancement and delaying the rest of the wall after it.
10-Al-shifa (الشفاء) : It is the cure for every disease, Allah willing.
11-Assalah(الصّلاة) : When it was mentioned in the hadith Qudsi.
12- And there are other neames.
Educational lessons from Surat Al-Fatihah:
Surat Al-Fatihah has a set of educational lessons, and some of it is explained.
- It is Mustahabb to Amen upon the completion of reading or hearing Surat Al-Fatihah, i.e. saying: “Amen.” And the proof for that is the words of the Messenger – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him-: (The Messenger of Allah , may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, had finished his reading of the mother of the Quran, raised his voice and said: Amen).
- Ibn al-Qayyim, may Allah have mercy on him, divided Surat al-Fatihah into three sections. The first of which is mercy, the middle of which is guidance, and the last is grace. Mercy is represented by pure belief and the knowledge of Allah Almighty.
- Surat al-Fatihah indicates that the basic principle of Islamic education is to be in a collective form, as evidenced by the use of the plural pronoun in more than one place in the surah.